Saturday 11 May 2013

Topshop digs the Partner Look

Today on the Partner Look we have some Topshop. We all love Topshop. I find it quite expensive and the sizing a bit off and sometimes a bit too hip for me now that I am an old woman but, generally speaking at least, we all LOVE Topshop. Anyway, they have started a childrens' range (Topshop Mini) which, whilst not very broad, does have some really nice stuff. Our beautiful Sophie found this lovely Partner Look this week, featuring a maternity jumper and a matching baby jumper. Why you would want to pre-empt the Partner Look during pregnancy and whilst your Partner can't really join in is a bit of a mystery but there you go. I think this jumper would work post-partum as an over-sized thing with some black skinny jeans or something but, living in the south of France, over-sized jumpers become surplus to requirement for much of the year. Especially now. It is getting hot. Poor me and my massive belly. See the photo below, modelled by the lovely Sophie (also sporting a Partner of her own but he/she is still in the early cooking stages).
Sophie, our regal assistant for the day  

The lovely Christine also sent us a link to a shop based in Maui that digs the Partner Look, Cinnamon Girl (http://www.cinnamongirl.com/). Here we can see just one example of what they have on offer:
Apologies for the quality of the photo. I am an inter-moron and don't know how to make it better. I would like to blame my Partner but that seems a little unfair. Even before getting knocked up I doubt if I would have been able to do it. Anyway, here I can only imagine the mother is whispering to her daughter 'I HATE you for making me wear this, you twat'. The verdict is the children look ok, the mothers do not. No one wants this to be a consequence of the Partner Look. My look is paramount, my Partner is pretty much going to have to lump it. Partners are, generally speaking, inherently cute until they hit puberty anyway so they'll have to take what they are given.

Talking of me and my Partner here is my 8 month bump:

8 months oh shit who me neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr





























































As you can doubtless see, my Partner is becoming ever-keener to make her presence known. This is clear by my massive gut, how long it takes me to get up out of bed/any chair, the fact I can't see my chatte any more (probably for the best, God only knows what is going on down there) and, finally, the fact I can't put tights on. Good thing I am not some weirdo who wears lace-up shoes because I would be in trouble. Things are going well here, still waiting for news on the flat, mechanic is due to pick the car up for repair today and then we are going for an exciting trip to the Post Office and maybe to see the family-in-law in the Var. Should be a nice weekend. Still having issues with very achy coccyx and some cramps which is annoying but things could be worse. I think I found my first stretch marks yesterday although they could have been duvet marks, who knows. Regardless, it reminded me about this amazing swimsuit:

Ariel is going to get it


















I love this swimming costume. You can find it here: http://blackmilkclothing.com/products/shark-v-s-mermaids-swimsuit .

Here is a close-up:

Ariel is in serious trouble











I never liked my stomach even before getting pregnant so, although the discovery of stretch marks made me feel like I wanted to cry, I am trying to see the positive side of all of the different bathing costumes I can buy. ASOS have loads of nice ones. The Jaws one is obviously my favourite but it is in Australia and expensive and I would like to try it on first and I don't know what size I will be after birth etc so I won't buy it for now but I shall remember it for later.

I have to go and eat a pastry before I die.

Bon weekend a tous,

N x

No comments:

Post a Comment